Community Engagement & Development Manager
Position type: Full time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
For 40 years, Western Wake Crisis Ministry (WWCM), a 501(c)3 organization, has provided assistance to residents in Western Wake County. The organization now serves over 5,600 individuals each year in Apex, New Hill, Friendship, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, and Willow Springs who struggle with food and housing insecurity, and homelessness. WWCM partners with residents to provide food, financial assistance, community connections, and education. WWCM is a $1.6M organization, of which $700K is in-kind donations, with 8 staff members, more than 10,000 volunteer hours each year, and a board of 9.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Community Engagement & Development Manager is responsible for all fundraising initiatives and activities of Western Wake Crisis Ministry while working within its guidelines, policies, and mission. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of a comprehensive development strategy to achieve organizational fundraising goals. Additional responsibilities include the development and implementation of the annual giving plan; building new and expanding existing relationships to develop a network of donors and supporters; creating a schedule of fundraising activities, including soliciting individual donors, securing financial support from corporations, foundations, and government entities, researching and writing grant proposals and reports, and coordinating special events. The Community Engagement & Development Manager creates, produces, and leads all marketing and public relations activities as it relates to the overall fundraising strategies of the organization as well as recruitment of new volunteers.
The Community Engagement & Development Manager has the following key responsibilities:
FUNDRAISING & DEVELOPMENT
● Develop an annual fundraising and donor cultivation plan including new donor development,
current donor retention, and lapsed donor reengagement
● Manage annual fund campaigns by developing strategy and executing the plan.
● Manage and cultivate a master list of prospective donors including individuals, businesses, foundations, faith communities, and civic groups or clubs
● Lead efforts in direct solicitation and relationship building, utilizing board and staff, for sponsorships, networking campaigns, annual appeals, and regular donor engagement activities
● Coordinate with Executive Director with grant opportunity identification, grant writing and grant reporting
● Manage annual golf tournament event including relationship with event planner, golf course, sponsors & volunteers.
OUTREACH, COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
● Manage external communications to key stakeholders, donors, volunteers, and clients through regular online newsletters to increase awareness and stewardship
● Conduct direct outreach activities to strengthen prospective and current donor & volunteer relationships
● Develop a recruitment and onboarding strategy for volunteers ensuring a smooth transition into the organization
● Work with staff to identify and recruit volunteers
● Assist with the promotion ofspecial events including creation and distribution of marketing materials
● Organize content development for & maintenance of WWCM’ssocial media platforms including Twitter, Facebook & Instagram, including posting and sharing by staff and Board members.
● Support WWCM events and represent WWCM at community eventsincluding public
speaking and engaging small groups or one on one conversations.
● Assist the Executive Director with serving on advocacy committees and community
engagement organizations as appropriate to WWCM’s mission & strategic plan
● Coordinate with the Administrative Associate to accurately capture donor information in the donor database, especially relational content and data quality
● Coordinate with Administrative Associate to create and execute donor communications, ie. Promotional materials, letters, public acknowledgements, etc.
● Work with otherstaff to ensure website information is accurate and up to date
● Maintain up to date online profiles, including Charity Navigator and Guidestar
The ideal candidate will have the following education, skills, and experience:
● Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for mission and values of Western Wake Crisis Ministry
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus three years of nonprofit development and
fundraising, sales, marketing, account management or equivalent combination of
education and experience
● The ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, focused and
goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem solving skills
● Personable, relatable, and comfortable in developing new relationships, talking about the organization, and with experience making a direct ask of $2,500 or more
● Excellent engagementskillsthat are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies
● Excellent organization and communication skills, including written and interpersonalskills, phone presence and presentation ability
● Proficiency working in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint
● Knowledge of donor CRMs and comfortable with learning a new donor data management system, Sumac
● Able to work a weekday schedule with occasional evening and weekend events. Some regular work remotely in field and community/locations
● Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Annual salary range 50-55K and life/disability insurance, eligible for group health coverage (70% employer-paid premium)
• Paid time off of 15 days annually, plus paid holidays
• Professional Development opportunities
Please include a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and availability to start with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western Wake Crisis Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western Wake Crisis Ministry offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender expression, sex, age, national origin, military or veteran status, pregnancy, ethnicity, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status or any other class protected under federal and state law.