The Job: sorting & stocking pantry shelves; sorting & packing deli, dairy, meat and produce from stores; staging for food distribution, beginning and end of shift cleaning
Shifts: Monday - Thursdays: 2-3 hour daytime shifts
The Job: Curbside Assistant: prepare carts, greet clients, load groceries in vehicles. Shopping Assistant: assist clients as they shop in the pantry, monitor client appointment time, bag groceries, and load in client vehicle. Beginning and end of shift cleaning
Shifts: Monday - Thursdays: 12pm – 3:30pm, Wednesdays Evenings: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
The job: Meets with clients (virtually) to provide financial assistance with past due rent & utilities. Also work to assist clients in connecting to other area resources that might be beneficial to them.
Skills needed: Alignment with WWCM values, administrative (paperwork, phone calls), computer (utilize internet resources & client database), ability to explore resources (make phone calls, check eligibility, research, etc), discerning good listeners.
Commitment: Three hour shifts, 1-2 times per week, Monday -Thursdays
Front Desk Volunteers
The job: Answer phones and messages during WWCM office hours. Scheduling clients for food pick up appointments, directing callers to appropriate staff members as needed.
Skills needed: Alignment with WWCM values, administrative (paperwork, phone calls), computer (utilize internet resources & client database), discerning good listener.
Commitment: Three hour shifts, 1-2 times per week, Monday -Thursdays and Wednesday evenings.
- If you would like to volunteer, please review & complete our required Volunteer Guidelines, Interest Areas & Liability Waiver & email back to email@example.com.
- Note: you will need to physically sign the waiver.
- Once your forms are submitted, you will receive an email with further instructions (watching a required orientation video and how to sign up for volunteer shifts).
- Volunteers must be 18 or older unless part of a pre-arranged volunteer group (school, scouts, church youth group, etc.). For information on how your group can get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At this time WWCM does not provide court-ordered community service opportunities but please go here for more resource information: https://thevolunteercenter.org/community-service/
Nothing from December 6, 2023 to April 6, 2024.