Position: Donor Relations Manager
Position type: Part time (20 hours/week – somewhat flexible)
Answers to: Executive Director
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Western Wake Crisis Ministry is a 35-year-old nonprofit in Apex North Carolina with a vision of a brighter future for all by cultivating a healthy, hunger-free and housing-stable community, and a mission of partnering with those in crisis, helping them gain stability through basic supports for food, financial/housing assistance, education, and opportunity. Our organizational values include:
Equity. We are committed to fairness, equality, and dignity for all people in everything that we do.
Compassion. We treat all people with compassion, respect, and sensitivity.
Relationship. We want to build relationships with all our stakeholders.
Optimism. We know optimism brings positive results.
Vision. We are continuously focused on the future and making it brighter.
Impact. We want to make a difference, not just provide a service.
Community. We strive to be a benefit to the whole community and our stakeholders.
Western Wake Crisis Ministry provides the following services:
- Basic needs – choice food pantry, grocery home delivery (for elderly/disabled), and crisis financial assistance
- Health and nutrition – UNC Mobile Clinic, cooking and nutrition demonstration, mental/health education and screenings
- Sustainability – Financial support coupled with a Volunteer Advocate who works with families to stabilize housing and income
We are seeking Donor Relations Manager to work 20 hours per week, with the following key responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director and key board members to develop an annual fundraising and donor cultivation plan including new donor development, current donor retention, and lapsed donor re-engagement
- Lead and implement donor relations action items from the annual fundraising and donor cultivation plan
- Develop and manage a master list of prospective donors including individuals, businesses, foundations, faith communities, and civic groups or clubs
- Conduct direct outreach activities to strengthen prospective and current donor relationships
- Lead efforts in direct solicitation and relationship building on behalf of WWCM for event sponsorships, networking campaigns, annual appeals, and regular donor engagement activities.
- Work with Executive Director in determining priorities and identifying the best person to make a connection, an ask, or an outreach
- Work with the Admin Associate to accurately capture donor information in the donor database, especially relational content and data quality
- Work with Admin Associate to create and execute donor communications, i.e. Promotional materials, letters, public acknowledgements, etc.
- Maintain online profiles, including Charity Navigator and Guidestar
- Assist with grant writing and grant reporting
- Work with communications contract consultant to target external messaging when donor focused
- Work with events coordinator to target strategies related to donor relationship development
- Support WWCM events and WWCM representation at community events including public speaking and engaging small groups or one on one conversations.
The ideal candidate will have the following education, skills, and experience:
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for mission and values of Western Wake Crisis Ministry
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong experience in philanthropy, development, or sales
- Knowledge and experience in the nonprofit sector
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem solving skills
- Personable, relatable, and comfortable in developing new relationships, talking about the organization, and making a direct ask
- Excellent engagement skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including written and interpersonal skills, phone presence and presentation ability
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of donor CRMs and comfortable with learning a new donor data management system, Sumac
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are a small team working extensively with volunteers and other community organizations to support our mission in helping our neighbors in crisis to reach stability and independence. Please see the rest of our website for more detail about our programs.