Host a Food Drive
Western Wake Crisis Ministry’s food pantry is stocked with donations from individuals and community groups. Businesses, service groups, youth groups, churches, and other community organizations often host food drives to encourage their members to contribute.
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed." — Proverbs 11:25
Make it Fun!
When conducting a food drive, use your imagination and make it fun:
- Place grocery bags at every employee or student desk – or every neighbor’s front door.
- Throw a pizza party, school dance, or other event and charge a can or bag of food for admission.
- Create competitions with lots of categories – largest individual donation, most protein, most unusual food, or match your weight with pounds of food.
- Have Macaroni Mondays, Tuna Tuesdays, Peanut Butter Week, to encourage donations of high-demand foods.
- Display daily or weekly totals in high traffic areas.
Please contact us to make arrangements for delivery of your collected food items. We are able to take donations after hours, by appointment. For a list of most needed pantry items, please click here.
Click here to download this information as a flyer.